The Bridgewater Bridge is a critical part of Tasmania’s transport and freight network. Thousands of people travel across the bridge and on the nearby local roads every day.
Building a new bridge will mean:
- people travelling on the bridge are safer
- there will be less congestion
- local communities will be better connected
- there will be more local open space
- travel times will be more reliable and consistent
- heavy vehicles will be more efficient and can better support the freight industry
- cyclists and pedestrians will have safer routes
- there will be better river access for boats
- bus transport will be improved
- less ongoing maintenance costs.